Skip to main content

Birds of Prey: Feminism done right

While the world is at a standstill due to the Novel CoronaVirus, I finally got time to return to watching movies and series. The first movie I saw? Birds of Prey and how I regret missing out on this in the cinemas.
The movie is great! It is a self-aware, fourth-wall-breaking joy ride. It paints a new picture of Gotham city from the perspective of Harley Quinn and I love this vibrant new Gotham!
The movie kicks off with our protagonist Harley, who has recently broken up with the Joker.
She is trying to get by all alone and prove herself to the world.
The plot of the movie revolves around Bertinelli's fortune, the key to which is in a diamond. Roman Stonis aka The Black Mask is behind the killing of the Bertinelli's’ and now wants their fortune. He hires Harley to recover the diamond and viola! We have ourselves a popcorn crunching, the edge of your seat, jaw-dropping female-led action movie!
All the characters were spot on, be it Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn or my second favourite Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Helen Bertinelli.
They hit so many right spots. The story is simple yet gripping. The action scene in the trippy looking Gotham city is fabulous. You will get to see women in proper fights and kicking ass!
The characters are well built up and are all given proper motives to develop hatred for Roman. We see Harley giving each character a proper introduction when they are introduced, for a nut job that Harley is she can truly narrate a story in a mesmerizing way.
Long story short, I loved Birds of Prey and would recommend this for a watch. I mean you are practically sitting at home. What is the harm in checking this out?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have this urge to use Ubuntu

I have been a Windows user forever. I have used almost every version of Windows since, Windows XP. But, now I feel that the core experience of Windows has been stale since XP. We still need the start menu, the file Explorer is basically the same with little to no change. The icons are now modernised, but the base is still the same. New Apps like photos and Groove did bring a breath of fresh air in the Windows ecosystem, but it wore off quite quickly.  Now I find myself craving for new. Since Apple hardware is overpriced, I only have one way quench my thirst for change. Linux, while Linux is not the most popular operating systems in the world. Its distros look quite compelling and attract me. Ubuntu is leading the charge, they are the biggest among the distros. One could say that Ubuntu is the Windows of Linux distros. Hence, it should be stable right?  Who knows maybe one of these days Windows might do something, which might push me over the edge and bring chang...

The Best Android Browser

I like everyone used to use chrome on my phone. Well because it is preloaded on to my phone and I also used chrome on my PC. So there was no reason to think otherwise, right? Well, I used to do that before I got into tech. When I was an uninformed user. But you do not need to remain uninformed, as I am here to help you decide which browser is the best for you! Now, if you are heavily invested in the Google ecosystem. then go on keep on using Chrome. By no means is it a bad browser. It is just a tad bit resource intensive. However, if you are open to the possibility of change, then here is the best browser for Android according to me. Brave:   Brave is founded by the co-founder of Firefox. The browser, however, is based on chromium and the blink engine. What this means is that this browser is wicked fast. It looks and feels exactly like Chrome. So Chrome users should feel right at home. But, it lacks the nags of Chrome. For example, it consumes a lot less b...

So I watched Baby Driver

I live in this country where it is nearly impossible for a moviegoer like me to get to watch all the latest blockbuster with the world! Either the movie does not get released or even worse it gets released and you have to go and waste your hard earned money on a trip to this small filthy room known as the movie theatre here to “enjoy” a movie. Well, I refuse to go through this ordeal, hence I have to wait for the movie to be available on the windows store (my preferred destination for movies and series) and enjoy the blockbusters the way they were meant to be enjoyed. So baby driver a return to the big screen for director Edgar Wright after his infamous exit from Ant-Man is one hell of a ride. Right from its first scene of our lead Baby listening to music while escaping from police. Shows what the movie is about. It is a heist drama wrapped in a musical. The concept is delightfully fresh and coupled with the excellent music track to the scenes, which are classic Edgar in style, m...