Skip to main content

How is the falls creator in winter?

Windows 10 falls creator update has been out for a while now. And even though I had written a positive review raving about its new features, with time I started to notice it's quirks.
Hence I am here today talking to you about the long-term review of the falls creator update. As soon as the honeymoon period wore off, I just stopped using those new features. I cannot even remember when was the last time I had used the people hub. One could say that it lacks third-party app support that is not attracting users to this feature. But I will say that one truly does not need a people hub. Next in the feature which I have never used is the story remix feature. Now I would blame that on my usage. I am not a creative person who shoots plenty of photos and videos. So it is normal for me not to use it. And the continue on PC feature, to me is useless without a mobile platform which natively supports it.
Falls creator update also brought with it performance dips. This dips in performance is clearly visible on my laptop. It has only 4GB of ram and at boot, I only have around 30% of it to use. That was never the case before this update. Another massive drawback of the FCU is the dip in battery life. Battery life was better before. I am consistently getting 1-1.5hours of less screen on time now, which to me is shocking.
Edge also feels really choppy and seems to have become really sensitive to my trackpad gestures. Edge seems to zoom into any page if it detects my fingers on the trackpad.
Now I have friends who are suggesting me to do a fresh install of Windows. It will solve all my problems they say. But my reply to them and Microsoft would be reinstalling Windows twice a year is just not an option for users.
Microsoft should stop developing new features and should focus on improving the stability and performance of its operating system! Windows is like the Android of 2010, it lags as time goes by.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have this urge to use Ubuntu

I have been a Windows user forever. I have used almost every version of Windows since, Windows XP. But, now I feel that the core experience of Windows has been stale since XP. We still need the start menu, the file Explorer is basically the same with little to no change. The icons are now modernised, but the base is still the same. New Apps like photos and Groove did bring a breath of fresh air in the Windows ecosystem, but it wore off quite quickly.  Now I find myself craving for new. Since Apple hardware is overpriced, I only have one way quench my thirst for change. Linux, while Linux is not the most popular operating systems in the world. Its distros look quite compelling and attract me. Ubuntu is leading the charge, they are the biggest among the distros. One could say that Ubuntu is the Windows of Linux distros. Hence, it should be stable right?  Who knows maybe one of these days Windows might do something, which might push me over the edge and bring chang...

Someone is back in town!

The third season of Supergirl premiered this week. A series which I first started to watch because of the “hot chick” portraying SuperGirl, has now become of my favourites in Arrowverse. Last season ended with Kara losing the love of her life Mon-El. And this season begins with her questioning her decision! This is the most human that Supergirl is ever going to be. We see her shut off from the rest of the world. Kill Kara one might say and focus on chasing bank robbers and putting them behind bars. She even quits her job! The season premiere tries to be character heavy, something which I was not expecting it to be. The episode, however, introduces plot points for the rest of the season to build on. At first, we see the introduction of a new villain, whose name I have forgotten, a builder who plans to improve his business by levelling the place where the Supergirl statue is built. Next up we see an unknown ship into the ocean right at the end. And if that was not enough, anothe...

The Best Android Browser

I like everyone used to use chrome on my phone. Well because it is preloaded on to my phone and I also used chrome on my PC. So there was no reason to think otherwise, right? Well, I used to do that before I got into tech. When I was an uninformed user. But you do not need to remain uninformed, as I am here to help you decide which browser is the best for you! Now, if you are heavily invested in the Google ecosystem. then go on keep on using Chrome. By no means is it a bad browser. It is just a tad bit resource intensive. However, if you are open to the possibility of change, then here is the best browser for Android according to me. Brave:   Brave is founded by the co-founder of Firefox. The browser, however, is based on chromium and the blink engine. What this means is that this browser is wicked fast. It looks and feels exactly like Chrome. So Chrome users should feel right at home. But, it lacks the nags of Chrome. For example, it consumes a lot less b...