Skip to main content

Henry's Book of Awesomeness

It is really rare for a movie to get me excited just by its trailer. Book of Henry is that rare movie. The first trailer which showed us a single mother and her two coming of age sons, instantly got my attention add to that the dark mystery of child abuse, which the family is seen trying to stop.
That was just the trailer. The movie builds on from that trailer. It gives us a deep look into Henry's life. His relation with his mother and brother. How he is important to them. Then it introduces us to their neighbour, a crooked chief of police and his stepdaughter. From then onwards the movie jumps straight into business.
The cast of the book of Henry produces some stellar performance. Naomi Watts's character, who I thought was being wasted, was turned upside down in the third act. Where Naomi makes a lasting impression! Jacob Tremblay from the room also plays the role of the small brother who is overshadowed by Henry really well. But the two characters who caught my eye were Henry and the neighbour's daughter Maddie Ziegler who is making a debut in feature films was great.
The movie was also great. Till the third act, I thought the movie was predictable. However, something happens to one of the lead character, which I will not spoil for you! Completely changes the tone of the story.

Book of Henry is a must watch. I would highly recommend you to give it a watch if you want something out of the ordinary!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have this urge to use Ubuntu

I have been a Windows user forever. I have used almost every version of Windows since, Windows XP. But, now I feel that the core experience of Windows has been stale since XP. We still need the start menu, the file Explorer is basically the same with little to no change. The icons are now modernised, but the base is still the same. New Apps like photos and Groove did bring a breath of fresh air in the Windows ecosystem, but it wore off quite quickly.  Now I find myself craving for new. Since Apple hardware is overpriced, I only have one way quench my thirst for change. Linux, while Linux is not the most popular operating systems in the world. Its distros look quite compelling and attract me. Ubuntu is leading the charge, they are the biggest among the distros. One could say that Ubuntu is the Windows of Linux distros. Hence, it should be stable right?  Who knows maybe one of these days Windows might do something, which might push me over the edge and bring chang...

The Best Android Browser

I like everyone used to use chrome on my phone. Well because it is preloaded on to my phone and I also used chrome on my PC. So there was no reason to think otherwise, right? Well, I used to do that before I got into tech. When I was an uninformed user. But you do not need to remain uninformed, as I am here to help you decide which browser is the best for you! Now, if you are heavily invested in the Google ecosystem. then go on keep on using Chrome. By no means is it a bad browser. It is just a tad bit resource intensive. However, if you are open to the possibility of change, then here is the best browser for Android according to me. Brave:   Brave is founded by the co-founder of Firefox. The browser, however, is based on chromium and the blink engine. What this means is that this browser is wicked fast. It looks and feels exactly like Chrome. So Chrome users should feel right at home. But, it lacks the nags of Chrome. For example, it consumes a lot less b...

So I watched Baby Driver

I live in this country where it is nearly impossible for a moviegoer like me to get to watch all the latest blockbuster with the world! Either the movie does not get released or even worse it gets released and you have to go and waste your hard earned money on a trip to this small filthy room known as the movie theatre here to “enjoy” a movie. Well, I refuse to go through this ordeal, hence I have to wait for the movie to be available on the windows store (my preferred destination for movies and series) and enjoy the blockbusters the way they were meant to be enjoyed. So baby driver a return to the big screen for director Edgar Wright after his infamous exit from Ant-Man is one hell of a ride. Right from its first scene of our lead Baby listening to music while escaping from police. Shows what the movie is about. It is a heist drama wrapped in a musical. The concept is delightfully fresh and coupled with the excellent music track to the scenes, which are classic Edgar in style, m...