Skip to main content

The Breakfast Club: My new favorite movie !

I was not familiar with John Hughes nor his work. I mean I had seen Home Alone, but I never knew that John Hughes was behind it. It all changed when a friend recommended me a certain film called Ferris Bueller's Day off. Suddenly I was fascinated by John Hughes and his movies and was searching the internet like a madman for names of more films by him. The first film I came across while rambling through search results was The breakfast club. I like a fool ignored this film thinking it would be some romantic tale between two teens. And how wrong did I turned out to be?
I decided to watch the movie last night to complete my marathon of John Hughes movies. In doing so I realized that I have been ignoring his best work!
The movie begins with a narration from the actors stating who they are to their principal Mr.Vernon. According to them each one of them is a brain, an athlete, a basket case, a princess and a criminal. They come back to this line at the end of the movie.
Then we are introduced to our characters all 5 of them as they make their way into the detention room and are briefed by Mr.Vernon. This is where Judd Nelson refers to him as "dick" and right at this, I got hooked onto this movie.
What is so great about this movie is its sheer simplicity and realism. The movie is grounded and relatable to real life for even a modern teen like me. It shows how each and every character has to deal with their own problem which is huge to them. I was specifically interested in Allison. Her nail biting and sugary sandwich seemed weird and interesting to me.
To sum up the movie I would say that this movie is a special one. It is really realistic and is very relatable to me. That is why I would highly recommend you to give it a look at least once!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have this urge to use Ubuntu

I have been a Windows user forever. I have used almost every version of Windows since, Windows XP. But, now I feel that the core experience of Windows has been stale since XP. We still need the start menu, the file Explorer is basically the same with little to no change. The icons are now modernised, but the base is still the same. New Apps like photos and Groove did bring a breath of fresh air in the Windows ecosystem, but it wore off quite quickly.  Now I find myself craving for new. Since Apple hardware is overpriced, I only have one way quench my thirst for change. Linux, while Linux is not the most popular operating systems in the world. Its distros look quite compelling and attract me. Ubuntu is leading the charge, they are the biggest among the distros. One could say that Ubuntu is the Windows of Linux distros. Hence, it should be stable right?  Who knows maybe one of these days Windows might do something, which might push me over the edge and bring chang...

The Best Android Browser

I like everyone used to use chrome on my phone. Well because it is preloaded on to my phone and I also used chrome on my PC. So there was no reason to think otherwise, right? Well, I used to do that before I got into tech. When I was an uninformed user. But you do not need to remain uninformed, as I am here to help you decide which browser is the best for you! Now, if you are heavily invested in the Google ecosystem. then go on keep on using Chrome. By no means is it a bad browser. It is just a tad bit resource intensive. However, if you are open to the possibility of change, then here is the best browser for Android according to me. Brave:   Brave is founded by the co-founder of Firefox. The browser, however, is based on chromium and the blink engine. What this means is that this browser is wicked fast. It looks and feels exactly like Chrome. So Chrome users should feel right at home. But, it lacks the nags of Chrome. For example, it consumes a lot less b...

Henry's Book of Awesomeness

It is really rare for a movie to get me excited just by its trailer. Book of Henry is that rare movie. The first trailer which showed us a single mother and her two coming of age sons, instantly got my attention add to that the dark mystery of child abuse, which the family is seen trying to stop. That was just the trailer. The movie builds on from that trailer. It gives us a deep look into Henry's life. His relation with his mother and brother. How he is important to them. Then it introduces us to their neighbour, a crooked chief of police and his stepdaughter. From then onwards the movie jumps straight into business. The cast of the book of Henry produces some stellar performance. Naomi Watts's character, who I thought was being wasted, was turned upside down in the third act. Where Naomi makes a lasting impression! Jacob Tremblay from the room also plays the role of the small brother who is overshadowed by Henry really well. But the two characters who caught my eye were He...