Skip to main content

Do we need Virtual Assistant?


It is something which I stress over and over again. I live in Bangladesh, a small country in Asia. So, it is only natural for tech companies to not think about us when launching new services.


Virtual Assistants are taking over the world. Assistants like Google Assistant, Siri, Alexa and Cortana are said to be super helpful in your day to day life. YouTube reviewers adore them and recommend them for your smart home. What the reviewers don't take into account is that all those helpful assistants only properly work in the US. Here in Bangladesh, all these assistants can do is tell the weather and call or text contacts. These smart and intelligent assistants don't even understand our accents. Hence the second feature for call or texting is a hit and miss.

Hence, I have uninstalled the Google app from my phone. I do not require to allow Google to spy on me, only so that assistant can tell me the weather. Google and other companies are in simple words ripping us off. We keep those apps installed in hopes that it might work, but they will never do.

Because the world is not a fair place. And the little ones will always be picked on. So, I believe it will be in our best interest to only use services which offer us feature parity or at least are actual services, instead of a mechanism to steal sell and earn a boatload of money at zero cost and with ease!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have this urge to use Ubuntu

I have been a Windows user forever. I have used almost every version of Windows since, Windows XP. But, now I feel that the core experience of Windows has been stale since XP. We still need the start menu, the file Explorer is basically the same with little to no change. The icons are now modernised, but the base is still the same. New Apps like photos and Groove did bring a breath of fresh air in the Windows ecosystem, but it wore off quite quickly.  Now I find myself craving for new. Since Apple hardware is overpriced, I only have one way quench my thirst for change. Linux, while Linux is not the most popular operating systems in the world. Its distros look quite compelling and attract me. Ubuntu is leading the charge, they are the biggest among the distros. One could say that Ubuntu is the Windows of Linux distros. Hence, it should be stable right?  Who knows maybe one of these days Windows might do something, which might push me over the edge and bring chang...

The Best Android Browser

I like everyone used to use chrome on my phone. Well because it is preloaded on to my phone and I also used chrome on my PC. So there was no reason to think otherwise, right? Well, I used to do that before I got into tech. When I was an uninformed user. But you do not need to remain uninformed, as I am here to help you decide which browser is the best for you! Now, if you are heavily invested in the Google ecosystem. then go on keep on using Chrome. By no means is it a bad browser. It is just a tad bit resource intensive. However, if you are open to the possibility of change, then here is the best browser for Android according to me. Brave:   Brave is founded by the co-founder of Firefox. The browser, however, is based on chromium and the blink engine. What this means is that this browser is wicked fast. It looks and feels exactly like Chrome. So Chrome users should feel right at home. But, it lacks the nags of Chrome. For example, it consumes a lot less b...

So I watched Baby Driver

I live in this country where it is nearly impossible for a moviegoer like me to get to watch all the latest blockbuster with the world! Either the movie does not get released or even worse it gets released and you have to go and waste your hard earned money on a trip to this small filthy room known as the movie theatre here to “enjoy” a movie. Well, I refuse to go through this ordeal, hence I have to wait for the movie to be available on the windows store (my preferred destination for movies and series) and enjoy the blockbusters the way they were meant to be enjoyed. So baby driver a return to the big screen for director Edgar Wright after his infamous exit from Ant-Man is one hell of a ride. Right from its first scene of our lead Baby listening to music while escaping from police. Shows what the movie is about. It is a heist drama wrapped in a musical. The concept is delightfully fresh and coupled with the excellent music track to the scenes, which are classic Edgar in style, m...