Skip to main content

Someone is back in town!


The third season of Supergirl premiered this week. A series which I first started to watch because of the “hot chick” portraying SuperGirl, has now become of my favourites in Arrowverse.
Last season ended with Kara losing the love of her life Mon-El. And this season begins with her questioning her decision! This is the most human that Supergirl is ever going to be. We see her shut off from the rest of the world. Kill Kara one might say and focus on chasing bank robbers and putting them behind bars. She even quits her job!
The season premiere tries to be character heavy, something which I was not expecting it to be. The episode, however, introduces plot points for the rest of the season to build on.
At first, we see the introduction of a new villain, whose name I have forgotten, a builder who plans to improve his business by levelling the place where the Supergirl statue is built.
Next up we see an unknown ship into the ocean right at the end. And if that was not enough, another Kryptonian was also introduced.
There are also changes in CatCo. Snapper was missing and it was bought by Leena because wanted her to! That is some friendship I must say! James Olsen, also kind of had an elevated role to play, maybe.
While in other news, like Winn said, my favourite couple is getting married! Yes, the biggest gay marriage in the national city will happen this season. And John will walk Alex down the aisle.
All in all the premiere sets up a nice tone for the season! Hope the rest of the season follows its lead.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have this urge to use Ubuntu

I have been a Windows user forever. I have used almost every version of Windows since, Windows XP. But, now I feel that the core experience of Windows has been stale since XP. We still need the start menu, the file Explorer is basically the same with little to no change. The icons are now modernised, but the base is still the same. New Apps like photos and Groove did bring a breath of fresh air in the Windows ecosystem, but it wore off quite quickly.  Now I find myself craving for new. Since Apple hardware is overpriced, I only have one way quench my thirst for change. Linux, while Linux is not the most popular operating systems in the world. Its distros look quite compelling and attract me. Ubuntu is leading the charge, they are the biggest among the distros. One could say that Ubuntu is the Windows of Linux distros. Hence, it should be stable right?  Who knows maybe one of these days Windows might do something, which might push me over the edge and bring chang...

The Best Android Browser

I like everyone used to use chrome on my phone. Well because it is preloaded on to my phone and I also used chrome on my PC. So there was no reason to think otherwise, right? Well, I used to do that before I got into tech. When I was an uninformed user. But you do not need to remain uninformed, as I am here to help you decide which browser is the best for you! Now, if you are heavily invested in the Google ecosystem. then go on keep on using Chrome. By no means is it a bad browser. It is just a tad bit resource intensive. However, if you are open to the possibility of change, then here is the best browser for Android according to me. Brave:   Brave is founded by the co-founder of Firefox. The browser, however, is based on chromium and the blink engine. What this means is that this browser is wicked fast. It looks and feels exactly like Chrome. So Chrome users should feel right at home. But, it lacks the nags of Chrome. For example, it consumes a lot less b...

Henry's Book of Awesomeness

It is really rare for a movie to get me excited just by its trailer. Book of Henry is that rare movie. The first trailer which showed us a single mother and her two coming of age sons, instantly got my attention add to that the dark mystery of child abuse, which the family is seen trying to stop. That was just the trailer. The movie builds on from that trailer. It gives us a deep look into Henry's life. His relation with his mother and brother. How he is important to them. Then it introduces us to their neighbour, a crooked chief of police and his stepdaughter. From then onwards the movie jumps straight into business. The cast of the book of Henry produces some stellar performance. Naomi Watts's character, who I thought was being wasted, was turned upside down in the third act. Where Naomi makes a lasting impression! Jacob Tremblay from the room also plays the role of the small brother who is overshadowed by Henry really well. But the two characters who caught my eye were He...