Skip to main content

'IT' is not good!

‘IT’ is the latest Stephen King adaptation into the big screen. And it is a huge hit. Such a big hit, that it required me to break my rule of not going to the Cinema!
However, like my every other visit to the Cinema, disappointment followed me. The movie is not unwatchable bad. It is good, but not great. It is by no means the best horror movie which certain people are claiming it to be!
The movie focuses on children. Children, who are as the movie calls them losers. These losers form a group called the loser club. The story begins with one of the members of the loser club’s member Bill losing his young brother Georgie to IT. The loss of Georgie creates will for Bill to search for IT. That there is basically the story for you. The film then follows all the tropes of a horror and coming of age movies that you are so used to seeing! The losers are bullied, there is a fat kid, the losers are not good with girls and they somehow get a girl member, whom they find beautiful. We have seen all those plot devices being used in movies way before IT. The movie does nothing new to present itself.
One thing did found good about the movie was the acting. The kids in this movie were really good. And the sad thing is none of these kids will get to be in the sequel, barring a few flashback scenes. Bill Skarsgard as Pennywise was also good. But, most of Pennywise’s scenes were CGI, so he had not much to do. Until the final act.

In all, by no means is IT a bad movie. It is just not as good as the hype says it is. Hence, be prepared when you go to see the movie! Maybe the book was better? I guess I will find out when I finish reading IT. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have this urge to use Ubuntu

I have been a Windows user forever. I have used almost every version of Windows since, Windows XP. But, now I feel that the core experience of Windows has been stale since XP. We still need the start menu, the file Explorer is basically the same with little to no change. The icons are now modernised, but the base is still the same. New Apps like photos and Groove did bring a breath of fresh air in the Windows ecosystem, but it wore off quite quickly.  Now I find myself craving for new. Since Apple hardware is overpriced, I only have one way quench my thirst for change. Linux, while Linux is not the most popular operating systems in the world. Its distros look quite compelling and attract me. Ubuntu is leading the charge, they are the biggest among the distros. One could say that Ubuntu is the Windows of Linux distros. Hence, it should be stable right?  Who knows maybe one of these days Windows might do something, which might push me over the edge and bring chang...

The Best Android Browser

I like everyone used to use chrome on my phone. Well because it is preloaded on to my phone and I also used chrome on my PC. So there was no reason to think otherwise, right? Well, I used to do that before I got into tech. When I was an uninformed user. But you do not need to remain uninformed, as I am here to help you decide which browser is the best for you! Now, if you are heavily invested in the Google ecosystem. then go on keep on using Chrome. By no means is it a bad browser. It is just a tad bit resource intensive. However, if you are open to the possibility of change, then here is the best browser for Android according to me. Brave:   Brave is founded by the co-founder of Firefox. The browser, however, is based on chromium and the blink engine. What this means is that this browser is wicked fast. It looks and feels exactly like Chrome. So Chrome users should feel right at home. But, it lacks the nags of Chrome. For example, it consumes a lot less b...

So I watched Baby Driver

I live in this country where it is nearly impossible for a moviegoer like me to get to watch all the latest blockbuster with the world! Either the movie does not get released or even worse it gets released and you have to go and waste your hard earned money on a trip to this small filthy room known as the movie theatre here to “enjoy” a movie. Well, I refuse to go through this ordeal, hence I have to wait for the movie to be available on the windows store (my preferred destination for movies and series) and enjoy the blockbusters the way they were meant to be enjoyed. So baby driver a return to the big screen for director Edgar Wright after his infamous exit from Ant-Man is one hell of a ride. Right from its first scene of our lead Baby listening to music while escaping from police. Shows what the movie is about. It is a heist drama wrapped in a musical. The concept is delightfully fresh and coupled with the excellent music track to the scenes, which are classic Edgar in style, m...