Skip to main content

Star Trek meets Aliens and Predators

There was a new episode of Star Trek this week! So, I watched it as soon as I got my hands on it!
This episode like the first one had a shaky start. It starts off with a time leap! Which is the sign of a downturn approaches? But, Star Trek really surprised me.

We will never know what happened in the 6 months after the death of Commander Ghenzhou. And what was Burnham up to after her death. Those 6 months are skipped by the show and we have introduced to Burnham again, while she is being transported to a new prison. On the way, however, we see her pilot die and she and the rest of the prisoners are rescued by SS Discovery. Star Trek Discovery is the name of the show and we get to see it in the third episode!
The story takes its time to get going. It does get to go when we see Burnham being recruited by the Captain of the Discovery on a rescue mission on another ship called Glenn. Weird name for a ship? Hell yes! But, once they are one Glenn the show's tone takes a sharp turn! It felt like I was watching an Aliens movie. Gone were the bright colours, we were now in a pitch black ship. With a predator like a creature on the loose. This creature is capable of easily killing a Klingon.


Telling you more about the story would spoil the whole episode for you. But, I can tell you this, this episode is a return to quality for Star Trek. The quality which we saw in the first episode. Now all I can hope is for the quality to continue.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have this urge to use Ubuntu

I have been a Windows user forever. I have used almost every version of Windows since, Windows XP. But, now I feel that the core experience of Windows has been stale since XP. We still need the start menu, the file Explorer is basically the same with little to no change. The icons are now modernised, but the base is still the same. New Apps like photos and Groove did bring a breath of fresh air in the Windows ecosystem, but it wore off quite quickly.  Now I find myself craving for new. Since Apple hardware is overpriced, I only have one way quench my thirst for change. Linux, while Linux is not the most popular operating systems in the world. Its distros look quite compelling and attract me. Ubuntu is leading the charge, they are the biggest among the distros. One could say that Ubuntu is the Windows of Linux distros. Hence, it should be stable right?  Who knows maybe one of these days Windows might do something, which might push me over the edge and bring chang...

The Best Android Browser

I like everyone used to use chrome on my phone. Well because it is preloaded on to my phone and I also used chrome on my PC. So there was no reason to think otherwise, right? Well, I used to do that before I got into tech. When I was an uninformed user. But you do not need to remain uninformed, as I am here to help you decide which browser is the best for you! Now, if you are heavily invested in the Google ecosystem. then go on keep on using Chrome. By no means is it a bad browser. It is just a tad bit resource intensive. However, if you are open to the possibility of change, then here is the best browser for Android according to me. Brave:   Brave is founded by the co-founder of Firefox. The browser, however, is based on chromium and the blink engine. What this means is that this browser is wicked fast. It looks and feels exactly like Chrome. So Chrome users should feel right at home. But, it lacks the nags of Chrome. For example, it consumes a lot less b...

So I watched Baby Driver

I live in this country where it is nearly impossible for a moviegoer like me to get to watch all the latest blockbuster with the world! Either the movie does not get released or even worse it gets released and you have to go and waste your hard earned money on a trip to this small filthy room known as the movie theatre here to “enjoy” a movie. Well, I refuse to go through this ordeal, hence I have to wait for the movie to be available on the windows store (my preferred destination for movies and series) and enjoy the blockbusters the way they were meant to be enjoyed. So baby driver a return to the big screen for director Edgar Wright after his infamous exit from Ant-Man is one hell of a ride. Right from its first scene of our lead Baby listening to music while escaping from police. Shows what the movie is about. It is a heist drama wrapped in a musical. The concept is delightfully fresh and coupled with the excellent music track to the scenes, which are classic Edgar in style, m...